Friday, February 8, 2013

5 Wedding traditions to break



There are many good wedding traditions for a bride to uphold and many bad wedding rules to break. Some wedding rules were made to be broken. These are 5 wedding traditions to break.

Brides Wear White: Some people still associate a white gown with virginity rather than joy. Brides should wear whatever color they like. White is not always flattering. I have seen a handful of wedding dresses done beautifully with ivory, hints of black or red in the dress. Sometimes a non-traditional dress can add even more personality to the wedding.
The Bride's Parents Pay: Expecting the bride's parents to pay for everything but the flowers is another wedding rule to break. I would never dream of burdening my parents with all the expense. Many couples pay for most of the costs ourselves. In addition to not causing hardship for others, it's nice to have more control over the arrangements.
Brides Should Expect Gifts From Every Guest: Greed seems to be spawning new wedding traditions. I even read one so-called bridal expert claiming that every invitee is obligated to send a gift even if they decline to attend. As a guest, I've always brought a gift but I might even break this wedding rule if I encountered the greedy bride above.
Brides Should Issue Plus One Invitations: Some couples think they have to enable every invitee to bring a guest. I encourage the general wedding tradition of inviting couples you are familiar with and try to be flexible if any guest needs to adjust their party. 
Brides Must Assemble Binary Wedding Parties: A wedding party should reflect the couple's wishes for the loved ones they want around them rather than any wedding rules about correct numbers and positions. I have been in a wedding as one of the two maids of honor, also I have photographed a wedding where a woman was a "groomswomen". So this rule totally goes out the window. 

No comments:

Post a Comment