Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Senior Success

Seniors are at an awesome stage in their lives, they have their whole future ahead of them. I enjoy talking with them, asking them questions, finding out what their plans for the future are. I take the time to encourage them and invest in them while I am with them.







Most seniors have never been in front of a professional photographer other than the cheesy pictures their parents had them take when they were younger. I do my best to make them feel comfortable. I praise them when they look good in front of the camera. I love to turn my camera around and show them some little peaks of how well they are doing. THEY LOVE THIS! It will encourage them to keep up the good work, and will give them confidence in their appearance.



Posing. You may have some go-to poses you use for your seniors. But since each person is uniquely different, you need to have several tricks up your sleeve. Enter my i-phone. Recently I have been taking screen shots of poses I am inspired them and putting them into albums on my i phone. When I hit a rut, I whip out my phone and look at my posing guides. At first I thought this was like “cheating” during a shoot, but my seniors LOVE IT! They think it is so cool that I thought of them enough before hand to plan for their poses during their session. Again, this makes them feel valued. 




Props. I love to bring small props for my seniors to hold or sit on during their session. This could mean an old folding chair, a cute beach hat, an old quilt.. or even some books. Some people feel really awkward in front of the camera at first, so these little props give them something to do with their hands while they are adjusting to your presence.



No comments:

Post a Comment